Monday, June 24, 2013

MY FRIEND LOVES TO HATE ME!


This is a true story,with permission from my dear mum. My mum grew up in Lagos. She attended Ireti girls and Aunty Ayo secondary school both in Ikoyi Lagos in the 60s. One thing I notice is that she tends to remember most of the ladies they grew up together and before she became born-again they attended the Lagos owanbe (society )parties together especially the ones where the popular musician Ebenezar Obey was playing· Something happened to my mum when she gave her life;she didn't just give her life because she wanted,no! there was problems in her marriage to my dad and she had to call on Jesus to save her marriage from hawks. During the brief separation from my dad,one of her old friends told her to come stay with her,because all her children were grown and they were all out of the house;she also said it would be an avenue for fresh air for my mum because at that time my younger siblings were all in boarding schools and I was doing my industrial attachment. Mum took the offer and decided to move in with her friend. Old friends began to show up but the difference this time was when they spoke about buying the latest shoes and laces and attending one party after the other,mum spoke about the Holy Ghost service or one church service. Even before mum really gave her life,she had been a passive Christian, even though she was raised by Christians most people on her father's side were Muslims.They were all sent on pilgrimage to Mecca as. young adults except for my mum,who ran to her aunt home for days claiming she knew she wasn't suppose to go. My mum was so grateful that she had a friend from childhood who really cared about her,all her friends would come to the house and they would talk and laugh about growing up in Lagos, when surulere was considered new Lagos and Ikeja was a village. They all had businesses in Lagos that was well run by people,so most of these women could afford to go to parties from Monday to Sunday. My mum began to feel uncomfortable,these women spoke of the need to fortify one's self. My mum would talk about Jesus as the only security and they would all burst out laughing. My mum now identified one of them as a Christian, a descendant of a former king of Lagos. She began to spend more time with her because they had more in common and they both loved Jesus. The woman that invited my mum to her house was upset because mummy refused her help to go and seek help with spiritualists or herbalists,but my mum never knew that. After few months mummy felt it was time to go back to her home because she felt now secured in Christ. Then the problems started! Her friend became angry for no reason and my mum couldn't put her fingers on the issue. One afternoon my mum was sleeping and she was fast asleep,she was in a vision that was clear as a television show. She saw her friend open her bag and pick a charm and spoke into it,but as soon as she wanted to touch her head with the charm in her vision,she heard a painless slap on her and she turned only for the thing in her friend's hand to drop to the floor,it was a charm, the same charm she just saw in her vision. She told her friend to pick it up and my mum picked her bag and went out. My mum now understood that her friend has now turned into a foe,but why? The bible says we aren't wrestling against flesh and blood but against spiritual wickedness in high places. This woman according to my mum in one conversation and confessed to being a "good" witch. What is good about being a witch? mummy ran to her other friend's home,the princess. She told her that she wanted to go back home or better she still has her old apartment empty. They prayed together and you know what,I Sista Bola walked in. My mum had earlier lend her cousin's children some jewelry to use for their mum's burial.?It was just returned and it was in My bag. The maid was sent out on an errand and the next thing we heard was everybody on the floor or you will get killed. They were harmed to the teeth,they were armed robbers. They ransacked everywhere, trust Lagos women my mum's friend had a lot of gold but the sickening thing was that they keep insisting to kill my mum. They were not sent assailants but it was more of a spiritual thing. The owner of the house,mum's friend had her picture everywhere on the wall but for some strange reasons they kept seeing my mum in the pictures and insisted that she was telling lies of not being the owner of the house. I began to speak in tongues, I promised God to be good forever if He spared my mum,so I just got the courage to speak up. I said please don't kill my mum,I have more gold in My bag and you can have the 12 bangles I have on,I was wearing a kaftan they must have missed it. They didn't beat nor rape anyone but there was something mysterious about killing my mum. They said even though you are the owner of this home and your pictures are everywhere,you are saved today. They left,they police came and we were all in shock. Princess asked my mum,why do they keep insisting that you were the one in the pictures? She said she had no idea. Mummy knew it was time to go back home,i followed her back to her friend's home,let me call her Hajia,my mum said,Ore we were just robbed;without any sign of surprise or shock in her face she replied " I know,I saw it all,but I still don't know why you weren't killed" Its more than 20 years now but I remember just like yesterday. The statement shocked me,my mum didn't say a word but she knew that was the last time, she would ever sleep or visit there. Now friends are good and can be better than siblings a times;but the heart of man is desperately wicked,beloved the devil can use anyone against you. The only true friend is Jesus. Are you shocked? Don't be! Parents killing their children for wealth,spouses betraying one another. The devil is real but we are more than conquerors in Christ Jesus. Be vigilant, ask for the spirit of discernment and God bless you. Thanks to my mum for this piece,I just hope I did justice to it the way she would. She will read it later and I would tell her to comment. Total friendship can only be found in Jesus. Are you born-again? Shalom, Sista Bola.

2 comments:

  1. No friend like Jesus. A yoruba hymn says 'ore aye ki lo ja mo, o nu a san, ni mo mosin, ko si ore kan bi Jesu...........'

    ReplyDelete
  2. The lord who has been keeping ur mum and ur family will continue doing so, she is indeed kept under the lords shield and a conqueror. Bless u and bless jesus.

    ReplyDelete